Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Special Occasion

Hellooo,

I have a special card for you today.

My Grandmother is turning 90 next month!! How cool is that! She doesn't get around like she used to but she is still seeing her 5 great grandkids grow. I only just remember my Mum's grandfather. So it is pretty special.

We are heading up there this week for a early visit and a late Christmas. I start a new job end of Jan so I'm hoping this will make up for it because we will be there with all the boys for 4 nights, it is a long drive from home.

Sentiment is a Stampin Up from the up and coming Sale-A-Bration that starts on the 22nd of Jan through to the 22nd of March. Inside is another stamp from the same set  reading "There's only one of you" The Set is called Vintage Verses.

Flourishes is from Prima and I cut one in half as it was abit big for the card. I found the Washi Tape in a local shop. I can't remember who they were from. Like was the ribbon roses. I bought all of this back in Feb last yr is prep for this card, then promptly put it all away till inspiration hits!






The embossing of the sentiment didn't quite work how I wanted it but it was a experiment so next time I know I need a solider stamp to show it off, or use it in some UTEE.



It's hard to see but it has fine flicks of gold and white and some thick pieces which you should be able to see there is some bigger blops to the right of the image. The product is from Stampendous and is called "Shabby White Embossing Enamel" It certainly has a shabby look to it! Love it Can't wait to play on a bigger scale with that.

Over the top I sprayed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Chalkboard and then sponged the edges with Whisper white ink, to soften the black.

What do you think?

Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment