Thursday, January 17, 2019

Pearl Ex

So I've been looking at the ever talented Jennifer McGuire. My mojo was MIA. She was playing with Perfect Pearls.

If you don't know there isn't much difference between Perfect Pearls and Pearl Ex really. But there is one you really need to remember. Pearl Ex needs a fixative and Perfect Pearls, which is a Ranger product doesn't. You can use a spray fixative or if you are careful you can use hairspray, but be careful with how much you use and how close you use it. I really don't like hairspray, it is much better to use a workable spray.

I have used a couple of different combinations of distress inks.

This is Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch. After masking the panel off I sponged the ink and brushed Inference Red Pearl Ex over the top. This will adhere to the ink as it is still wet. Sealed with the fixative and ran that through my Big Shot with We R Memory Keepers Next Level embossing folder Gem. The Happy Birthday is a MFT die. The little heart is a Simon Says Die, I was busting for some cute little heart dies and this was perfect.

The next one is Antique Linen and Vintage Photo with Perfect Pearls Kiwi. I had some marks on the white area so off with it's border and I just mounted that up. So a very clean and simple card. Again with the hearts and this time the die is a Stampin up die Thankful, which unfortunately it is retired but you can easily use the "thanks" out of the "Hello You" thinlets.

I love how the Perfect Pearls has turned the distress Ink bronze.

Next is with Hickory Smoke and the Kiwi Perfect Pearls. This is embossed with the Numbers folder in the Next Level range.


I hope you like my cards.
Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment