Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Craftroom Adventure Challenge

Good Morning,

Over on Facebook we have a page where a group of us post different things and we have a monthly challenge.

January's challenge is to use buttons. I think buttons are a hard one to use for a focal point. But anything round could possibly be a button. Great for men's cards, very versatile for lots of things but I find cards alot harder to add them to.

I want to look at some of my stamps and see if I can't find anything rounded that I could use them for, so stay tuned to see if there is another card with something abit more of a ...odd image.

The first card is the proper card but I had abit of cardstock left over so I used it for a more everyday card that my kids (they are young still) can give to friends or something. So it isn't too flash. lol

Fairly simple little card. I have used Paper Rose die to create the ground and a My Favourite Things cloud stencil to create the clouds. I used Weathered Wood and Forest Moss to highlight the ground and give it abit more depth. 
The sentiment is a Altenew set that has different Birthdays. It's called Birthday Builder. Great all rounder set. I think I will get sooo much use out of this set.


The little bonus card for you. One that isn't soo lovely, I feel. I used leftover cardstock that was on my table and made a firework card that the boys can give to a my friend and I haven't spent soo much time involved in making it.

Is that just me?? I find cards that people have given the boys pushed into drawers and just not loved. (They are boys and kids still, lol). The good ones I usually grab before it disappears, never to be seen again, into their rooms. Ha ha ha.
For this card I used Soft Sky cardstock, same as the first card. I stamped in Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant and Real Red using two images out of Birthday Background stamp set. The 'Hooray" is a Neat and Tangled image, which is soo awesome and big.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment