Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hey Mama

Today's card is abit late I forgot to schedule it while I was away but it is soo cute, I think. I really love it.

Inspiration came from a YouTuber named Yana Smakula. She used coordinating dies to make a little hidden pocket in the front of the card. She used a little swing tab to keep it closed, however I didn't need that as my image wasn't quite so straight edged. It tucked into itself nicely.


I used a Darkroom Door crackle stencil to add the texture to the background with Early Espresso ink. Just abit here and abit there.

The stamp is a Uniquely Creative set called 'Hey Mama' It is a very cute set that you can use for lots of different reasons including sending it off to a new Mum to let them know they are doing great and CAN do this 'parenting' thing.

The stamp set doesn't have the Giraffe with spots but I wanted them to be abit more realistic. I drew them in with a Copic multi-liner pen.
 Copics Used
E97, 99, 08 YR01
T4, 2
W7, 05, 03

Warm greys were used to 'ground' the giraffes. I personally can't leave them floating mid air on my cards. (It's a me thing)

You partial die cut the front of the card with the coordinating die, making sure it is straight and leaving enough to make a hinge. 

Open up the cut area and use it to position your sentiment inside the card.
Finish it off with some doodling around the edges.

I look forward to having more of a play with this stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment