Saturday, June 1, 2019

Otterly Love

Life is starting to settle again after the big storm. Next weekend I'm off you my first of 2 craft retreats. Queens' long weekend myself and 34 friends head down to 'The Briars' which is a beautiful old area.

The following weekend... I'm crazy enough to do it all again! This time down at Philip Island.

I am going full on minimalist this year. I have planned what I'm going to do and only taken things for that project. Stay tuned for a photos of camp and my see if I really do STAY minimalist.

Today I have 2 cards for you. They are super cute! I was abit proud of how they turned out, especially as I had NO IDEA what I was going to do with them to start off with! LOL

I coloured the Otters for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge on Instagram.

The colour isn't the best in this photo, might have been a dark old day.
So... I remembered an awesome embossing folder I bought. It is from Spellbinders and it is called "Fabric Weave" but it works so well for water! Emboss a little bit of Stamping Up's Baja Breeze. it is now retired but I may have squirreled some away. I'll cry when I use up the last little bit!

Added a little bit of Faded Jeans to bring it to life and done! Water! I'll let you know Copic colours at the end! So a pretty straight forward card.

Card 2




This one is some good old sponging again with some Faded Jeans but I have added a little Black Soot here and there for texture and depth. I didn't want it to be all smooth and a solid colour. I splashed it with water and after stamping the water and decided on where to place my little Otters.

Using a craft knife I made some slits along the wave lines so my little Otters can slip in behind. This gave them the look of in the water and not just sitting on top. More engaged in the over all image.



Copics Used
Otters W5, 4, 2, 0
Heart R29, 27, 22
Rocks E77, 74, 71 N1

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment