Monday, July 29, 2019

Crazy People Do Crazy Things

Crazy People Do Crazy Things. Ask me how I know this!

One of my jobs ( I have 3! Other... crazy... thing!) is at a school working with a child using Auslan to help him learn. It is awesome! But as a part of that they decide to do activities to promote, I suppose moral and engagement with the students.

Book week is coming up.... Do I need to say anything more??

The staff book is 'Harry Potter', pretty cool really. Previous years there was 'Where's Wally?' and  last year was 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. For that one all the aides that were working that day came as Golden Tickets!

Harry Potter..... we are owls!

So today I have a non papercraft thing to show you. I made myself into a owl.

I had some material and some felt in my stash.



I made myself a little template to cut out the ‘feathers’

This was just the beginning! I got about 4 out of each piece of felt. I soon realised... I needed more felt!


I roughly cut a square of material and folded it diagonally and cut a hole for the head. Which... I cut too big!! That worked out well in the end as during the time trying to fix it I made myself some detail for my owl's chest. It worked out well really.

Using my sewing machine I pinned then sowed the feathers on in a row. Towards the end I had to hand sew the feathers as I made 'sleeves' so I didn't want to sow these closed!


I cut abit off the bottom at the front and sowed it on like a hood. This I will pin onto the hood of my jumper on the day.

After the event I will post a photo of the finished look. Hopefully with the rest of the dress ups!

Thanks for stopping by. Take Care




No comments:

Post a Comment