Thursday, August 1, 2019

BLOG HOP

I am super super excited to be involved in my first ever blog hop... Well Encouragement Hop.


Three awesome ladies and come together to organize a hop with a difference. You could be involved through YouTube or a blog post or even sending a card into Courtney. Find Courtney can be found here.
Mary can be found here. Third awesome person is Jen from Scrapping Of Creations.

The idea was to help people be involved in a Hop that may not usually be able to be involved in and most importantly encourage each other too by visiting and seeing each others wonderful creations.



For my Card I used an Australian company called Uniquely Creative. The name of the set is 'Dreams r 4 chasing'.

Image result for Uniquely creative Dreams r 4 chasing stamp 
I love this set. It is soo cute and I will be doing more with it!


I stamped out the dog and grass. I masked the dog so I could do the background using the MFT cloud stencil and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink, When I did the sky, I didn't want patches of white. It was abit too strong of a contrast, so I went over the whole sky again with the Stormy Sky. I masked off the ground in the process to do the grass. I didn't think about the ink clouding up the black ink of my stamped grass. Brain fart moment! lol So to fix that I went over it with a pen. 

It can be difficult to get a masked outline close so any little white patches were colored using a Copic marker that matched the stormy sky. I did the same for the ground, which was sponged with Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn. For the sky's 'oop's' I used B93 or 91 and the ground was a mix of YG45, 17, 06 and G14.





Copics I used were:
E37, 35, 33, 31
R17
C9,07, 05, 03

When I did the tongue and inside of the mouth I used C3 (I think) to go over the tongue to dull it down. So you can use your grays to tone things down! I wanted to leave small strokes to give texture to the fur. You have to make sure they are only small otherwise it just doesn't work. I have found.

Thank you for stopping by. Please subscribe to my newsletter and head on over to Jamie from Not to Shabby to to see her awesome design. I love her work. Can't wait to see what she has done!

30 comments:

  1. I'm getting a dog this weekend and this is such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet encouraging card. Soooooo stinkin cute!! Very talented and creative . Thanks for sharing.

    Tricia Podmore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, so adorable!!!!! Thanks for sharing your time & creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So friggin' cute! I don't see any oops, so you did a great job of fixing whatever it was! This is seriously such an adorable scene!!! Will be spending a few more minutes checking out the rest of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun & beautiful card ❤ thanks for sharing your creativity🌞

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so super sweet!!! I love how happy he is Lol I want to run through fields. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. that card is adorable and your coloring is fantastic tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Great coloring and blending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this card is super cute. I am new to uniquely creative stamps and dies. This one is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute stamp set! The dog scratching it's ear, how cute too! Love your clouds, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super cute card. That dog is happy as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card! That's a great stamp, wonder if its available here in the US. Gloria USA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card. TFS I'm a card maker so I'm always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card! The texture is perfect on the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! I love Uniquely Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great coloring! I love how you used the dog with that sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing. I love this dog stamp set and your card of encouragement. I can think of many folks to send a card like this to who would smile and feel moved by it.

    ReplyDelete