Saturday, July 6, 2019

Brighten your day

Today's card is bright enough to brighten anyone's day and this cold Melbourne Winter.

I have been super busy colds have done the rounds (twice), a friend was in hospital so I have had her daughter (my niece- you know those children of old old school friends haha) and some of those times I had my other niece who is a similar age so they are happy to play together which leaves Aunty Nat to get things done!

It's a culture shock when you have near teenage/ teenagers then you have a 5 yr old and 7 yr old. Mostly the energy levels of the 5 yr old is the scary part! Love them both dearly and I wouldn't change a thing.  Yesterday I did have a big sleep in!! lol Sorry I'm off topic.... :)

I recently bought some alcohol inks from Riot Arts and Craft when it was half price! (They currently have another special at 50% until the 14th July 2019) The colours are beautiful.

I used Paper Mills Citrus and Mandarin to make the background. I waited 2 minutes and applied the foil over the background and gave it a good rub. 2 minutes seem to be the sweet zone for adding foil. Too soon you destroy the alcohol background and have to reapply and too late ... nothing happens. It can be abit hit and miss to start off with but keep trying, it proves some stunning results!

The photos really don't show off the gold foil. Because you have a narrow window to apply the foil, I did that first then using the new Paper rose Distressed Mesh stencil. I applied a small amount of blending solution thru the stencils to remove some of the alcohol ink.



The flowers are one of my childhood favorites! My Grandmother always had a Frangipani tree in her front yard. To me they are always white and yellow. One day I might go outside my box and colour one another colour but for the time being I can't bring myself to colour it another colour.

Unfortunately they are an old Stamp It stamp that I can't get rid of! Stamp It has been gone for a few years now. I originally coloured 5 of them so there will be another card as 5 just didn't fit.  

Copics I used were: 
Y15, 11, 08, 06
C2 
0

Well, that is it for this week. I have more family arriving Tuesday so abit more fun is to come.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment