Saturday, June 6, 2020

Rainbow Watercolour

Today's card was abit of a play.

I made pretty ,I have 4 of the same card but altered the technique slightly.

This isn’t a new technique. People have been doing this technique for years.

The first let’s talk about inks I used, as they are the same with a variation on the last.

I used Mini Distress Inks. Why? You get a more brighter colour with the original inks.

I used Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet. These are probably my favourite for rainbows.

I applied them all in the same way, the difference is when I spritzed it with Water.

Technique one. Spritz water on to the stamp.




Tap the ink onto the stamp in rainbow order. Be careful with your light colours. I had a scrap piece of cardstock that I swiped the ink pad on to remove any unwanted colour. The water will blend the ink if you don’t get close to other colours, so don’t stress. It’s better to get the water to do the work.

Technique 2: water spritzed on to cardstock before stamping.


Mor movement with the ink with this one.

Technique 3 Spritz water on both stamp and cardstock.



 Now there was an issue. Someone may or may not have accidentally swiped their squeezed lemonade onto this panel instead of the scrap! So you will need to check out the video to see what it looked like before I... mean someone stuffed it!

No redos here. I added more colour which lead to the next card, cleaning up the “fixing”

This one was much darker so I added some sequins and a different sentiment with vellum and I coloured the flowers roughly with the watercolour.



I left the stamp in my MISTI, once the panels were dry I restamped with Versamark and embossed each card. The first 3 with Hero Arts White Satin Pearl embossing powder. The last card I stamped it with versatile and embossed with clear.

I hope you enjoyed it. Please check out the video here to see how I fixed my oops!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment