Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Stunning Cosmos

Today's card was  a experiment. I wouldn't recommend it. Only because I don't think long time it would be good for your Copic pens. My pens for the brief time I used them, they are fine. But you do so at your known risk. I have however done this without any trouble with normal distress inks.

However, all of this is at your own risk.

Disclaimer done and dusted, now to the play!

Products used:
Altenew Stunning Cosmos
Distress Oxide Inks Abandoned Coral,  Candied Apple
Walnut Stain and Black Soot.
Xmas Red Stickles
Black Cardstock mat 14.4 x 10cm
Main panel 14.1 x 9.7cm


Copics Used
 Flowers: R24 
Shadows:\
 T4, T2 (T2 was ditched later)
 Stems: G99, G94

I masked a couple of the flowers using full stick post it notes. The masked made a little halo around the images so I used the red Copic to fill in the gaps.

You can see the odd "shadow" on the flowers. Bare in mind this is a close up, it doesn't look so odd in real life! lol. It was an experiment and it was fun to do but I will stick to dye based inks. That's my choice.

You can find the video here

No comments:

Post a Comment