Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Darkroom Door Full Bloom

Embossed Resist with Darkroom Door Products today.

I've had this stencil for a while. The best thing about COVID, if there could possibly be, is that it has given us time to think about things we already have. I'm no minimalist but it has given me time to use things I haven't allowed myself to use. Maybe because of work or lack of commitment. In the craftroom, in the kitchen and the house in general.

I have had Darkroom Door Small Rectangle Stencil for a while and Darkroom Door Full Bloom Vol 1

Color Throwdown is a weekly challenge, where people in the Design team some how come up with color combinations who knows where really! lol

It is, thou, a great resource to look at and use when you want to try something different or out of ideas. It might be just the thing to get your creative juices going again.

 

Mask the area and stamp the roses with Versamark Embossing Ink and heat emboss it with White or clear embossing powder. I reapplied the stencil and blended the below inks until I was happy enough with the blend. Remove the excess ink off the stencil (mostly so I didn't smudge ink where I didn't want it to be, cos if you know me that was going to happen!) and the embossed roses. This will bring the white out again.

 Recipe

 Distress Oxide inks    
 Antique Linen
Wild Honey
Gathered Twigs
Aged Mahogany
 

I framed the image with a Copic Multi 0.1 Liner. It finishes off the edges  and gives it the sharp look.

 You can watch the video below. I do hope you enjoy it. Take Care


 

No comments:

Post a Comment