Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Male Shaker Card

 Today's card was a challenge from some lovely "friends" lol. They are good just I think abit sadist sometimes! HaHa

"Do a shaker card with the stacked Squares" I gave them an option to pick the colour sequins too.


It is a simple card in the sense of products I used.

Dry embossed the background with the die. I have a Big shot, you need to use the sandwich formula for your embossing folders but add the rubber mat. Cuttlebug machines you need the A plate with the 2 B plates and the rubber mat. The rubber mat gives it that "give"

I die cut the square die out of a sheet of Fallen Leaves Paper Pad from Kaisercraft. The negative inside pieces were pieced into the diecut that was temporarily placed down.

The leftover paper die-cut I used in stacking the die-cuts together later.  

I used foam strips cut down on the back of one die-cut then layered about 4 more for the height. It was really hard to add the strips and also make them supper fine. 

If you had some of Lesley's foam sheets you could cut it out of that a few times and layer up. But I didn't so I made use of what I had. Add the sequins before adding the top layers to seal it all off.

I traced around the die-cut so I could cut the acetate by hand to give myself the window. This was glued between the top 2 layers of die-cuts. 

Glue those all together. 

The sentiment is one of my favourites at the moment. Altenew Birthday Greetings.


I hope you enjoy and you can find the video here.

 Take Care. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment