Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Little Bits Tuesday

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back, Well today sees us in Melbourne in Stage 4 lockdown. I don't know about you but that means more than ever I just want to go out! I'm NOT, don't get me wrong but it is one of those times when you are usually happy to be at home but because you are not allowed to then THAT is when you want to!

Fingers crossed this is it and we don't get more idiots doing the wrong thing making it harder for everyone else.

Anyway, nothing sad talk...

My second card for men this week, has a little bit more work involved but you can use the technique or the idea for other cards.


Recipe:
Paper Rose Patterned Waves
Distress Embossing Glaze- Speckled Egg
Darkroom Door Torn Text
Darkroom Door Cupcake
Altenew Birthday Greetings
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
Versamark Ink
Distress Oxide Walnut Stain
Distress Marker Ground Espresso
Vintage Nuvo Drops -Bohemian Teal

Top folding A6 card
Smooth White Knight cardstock 14.4cm x 8cm

I need to show you some comparisons.

I played with the new Speckled Egg Glaze and I wanted to show you some different looks.

First one is just the Speckled Egg using Versamark thru a stencil.

Next I sponged Walnut Stain over the background first and stamped some texture THEN applied the versamark thru a stencil and embossed it.


The card has a similar technique but I stenciled the background, sponged again, added the text with the brown ink, added more with Versamark and then applied the Speckled Egg and also direct ink to the card around the edges.



The thing with the glaze is that it is see through.It isn't easy to see but you can see the stencil work in the both close  photo. The below cupcake you can see to the left of the cupcake the teal coloured.



Copics Used
Icing: E23, E25, E27, E29
Cake: E53, E55, E57, E59
Wrapper: E53, E55, BG13, BG15

I hope that is clear.

You can watch the video here.




No comments:

Post a Comment